Welcome to the Learnful website. By using the site, you are deemed to consent to and accept these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions govern your use of the site. Please read them carefully before booking any programme.
1. Changes to these Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to modify or change these Terms & Conditions without notice. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the site. Your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to such terms & conditions.
2. Privacy and Protection of your Information
3. Availability of Programmes
- Any booking made on this site for a specified programme is made subject to availability. Learnful reserves the right to refuse tuition fees and reserves the right to deny any applications.
- A deposit secures a place on a programme.
- Late enrolments may be accepted subject to place availability.
- Course start dates may be deferred, or courses may be cancelled if there are insufficient learners enrolled. Learnful will endeavour to offer an acceptable alternate course.
- In the event of course cancellation please see our Refund Policy.
4. Programme Requirements
- Students must meet the programme schedule requirements. Project submission deadlines or access to the learning material cannot be extended unless there are extenuating circumstances. Supporting documentation will be required.
- Please note that the course and all additional learning supports are delivered and assessed entirely in English.
- We accept payment plans, direct debit transfer or credit card payments via Stripe.
- Students will only be granted access to the online content once payment due is received.
- Where a student is on a payment plan, failure to make payments in the agreed timeframe will result in the student’s access to the course being withdrawn and, if the full fee is not received, all course fees paid up to that point will be non-transferable and non-refundable.
- A student will not receive additional time in lieu of any time lost while their course access was suspended due to lack of payment. No project submissions will be accepted while a student’s access to the course is suspended.
- Different terms apply when students avail of a third party finance option, and the aforementioned terms can be referred to in the student’s individual contract with Learnful.
- The programme fees are non-refundable once a course has commenced.
- Booking deposits are non-refundable. If a programme is cancelled by Learnful, booking deposits can be transferred to an alternate programme specified by the learner in line with our Refund Policy.
- Learners that commence a programme and subsequently fail to attend classes/withdraw from the programme at any stage of the delivery will still be liable for the full fees.
- If any learner withdraws before completion of the programme, any entitlement to a refund of course fees will be made in line with our Refund Policy.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencement of the programme.
- Learnful reserves the right to withhold services until any outstanding balance is paid.
- For employers who sponsor their staff, the employer is fully responsible for payments of amounts due in all circumstances including termination of employment or withdrawal/cancellation by the learner. The employer must complete an Employer Sponsorship Form, a binding agreement where payment is due within 30 days of signing.
- Course fees for future intakes are subject to price reviews.
- Course fees are subject to change and Learnful reserves the right to charge additional amounts to reflect any pricing changes taking effect before course commencement date(s).
6. Use of Website Materials
We own and/or license all content and other materials on the Website, including but not limited to all text, designs, logos, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, routines, documentation, technology, sound files, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively “Materials”). The Materials are copyrighted and/or trademarked, and any unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright, trademark, and/or other laws.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website provider owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights (including but without limitation all copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets) in connection with and in all versions of the Website and the Services, the software the provider uses to operate the Website and the Services and any data (including data obtained from you) generated by users of the Website and the Services. The Website is made available for personal use and you are not permitted to change, transfer, copy, store, publish, rent, licence, sell, distribute or create derivative works in any way any of these intellectual property rights.
If you post content or submit material on the Website, and unless otherwise indicated, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable and transferable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display the content throughout the world in any media.
8. User Code of Conduct
You agree that you will not:
- Use the Website in any unlawful or inappropriate manner, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website.
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website or monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without our authorization.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, your qualifications, and/or your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Publish, upload, display, or transmit or otherwise make publicly available on the Website any private information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security or other identification numbers, and credit card numbers.
- Access or use any data, services, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without our express authorization.
- Unlawfully interfere with any user, host or network including, without limitation, sending of or causing the sending of, numerous duplicate automated and/or excessive, similar emails, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Disseminate and deploy any malicious code, including but not limited any code that contains any back door, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, drop dead device, computer virus or other computer software routine or code intended or designed to permit access to or the use of a computer system by an unauthorized third party, or disable, damage, erase, disrupt or impair the normal operation of a computer system.
- Commit any act that is likely to result in retaliation against us or the Website.
9. Force Majeure
Learnful shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay is beyond the reasonable control of Learnful, materially affects the performance of any of its obligations under this agreement, and could not reasonably have been foreseen or provided against (examples of force majeure under this agreement include, but are not limited to acts of God, pandemic, terrorist attack, governmental order, strikes, and lack of supplies), but will not be excused for failure or delay resulting from only general economic conditions or other general market effects.
10. Course Access Period
The access period to the Learning Management System (LMS) for completing online courses is for the duration of the course. After this time, access to the Learning Management System (LMS) will be revoked. Additional time access to the LMS may be requested but will be granted at the sole discretion of the Programme Director.
11. Course cancellation by the learner
Learnful requires any learner wishing to cancel their programme to provide written notification by email to [email protected], of this cancellation clearly stating the reason for the cancellation.
Please note that cancellations will incur charges as follows:
- Cancellations within the cooling-off period of 1-14 days after registration will be refunded in full only if the programme has not commenced.
- Once the programme has commenced and available for access to a learner, this is an indication of use of services and express acceptance of the terms and conditions, and as a result, no refund will be issued at that point as it negates the cooling-off period.
12. Repeat Exams
If you are a student on the Professional Diploma in Computerised Accounts & Payroll, where you fail either the theory or practical element of the assessments you have the option to resit the assessments at the next earliest available sitting at a cost of €100 for both assessments, €25 for the theory assessment only or €75 for the practical assessment only.
13. Repeat Modules
If you are a student on the Professional Diploma in Computerised Accounts & Payroll, you may have the option to resit the module (numbers permitting) at a cost of €250 for the bookkeeping module or €100 for the payroll module.
14. Late Submission
If you are a student on any Professional Diploma that requires the submission of an assignment to be awarded the Professional Diploma Certificate and the assignment is submitted after the submission deadline, a late submission fee will apply of €70.
If you are a student on any Professional Diploma that requires the submission of an assignment to be awarded the Professional Diploma Certificate and the assignment is resubmitted without extenuating circumstances*, a resubmisison fee will apply of €70.
*Extenuating circumstances are as defined in the Student Handbook.
16. Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments related to the Website, please contact us at [email protected].